- Sammons Enterprises, Inc., a diversified holding company, was established in 1962 to accommodate investments in multiple industries: insurance, finance, distribution and supplies, hotels, travel, cable television operations, radio stations, real estate, and bottled water.
- Sammonsí low debt, financial strength and stability places the company in an enviable position for dealing with economic uncertainly and continued strategic growth.
- Sammons is consistently ranked among Forbes Largest Private Companies and in the top ten of the Largest North Texas-headquartered Private Companies ranked by Total Revenue according to the Dallas Business Journal.
- Sammons’ governance structure was created to support and preserve the companyís values-based culture and ownership structure.
- The Sammons Dallas Foundation has given more than $111 million to six Dallas-area beneficiaries.
- In Dallas, Texas, the home of Sammons Enterprises, the Sammons name is found on the Sammons Center for the Arts, Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center and the Elaine D. and Charles A. Sammons Park in the performing arts district because of substantial gifts from the people of Sammons Enterprises.
- Sammons is proud to offer its people one of the most attractive retirement programs in the world, the Sammons Employee Stock Ownership Plan which was established by founder Charles A. Sammons in 1978. Mr. Sammons wanted the people who helped create the economic value to share in the value they created.
- Reserve Life Insurance Company, established in 1938 by Charles A. Sammons, introduced hospitalization insurance that became the model for todayís health insurance.
- Sammonsí cable television operations became one of the leading providers in the United States.
- Mr. Sammonsí entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well 95 years after he started his first business at 16 years-old, a laundry service in Plano, Texas. Today our leaders appreciate quick decision making ability, the agility of our companies to respond to our customers, and senior managementís support to do the right thing.
- An independent, decentralized, autonomous management style enables Sammons people to think and operate like owners.
- As a private company, decisions are made for the long-term rather than short-term to meet market expectations.
- Sammons may not be the greenest company in the world, but we are getting greener and we choose to align ourselves with investment partners who are socially responsible.